Harvey aid conditions
To the editor:
To Rep. Elise Stefanik:
Dear Rep. Stefanik:
You should vote against funds for Harvey relief unless all of the following preconditions occur:
1. Sen. Ted Cruz votes against such relief — otherwise he is a hypocrite.
2. Money is also allocated to Puerto Rico.
3. President Trump agrees to build a seawall around Florida.
4. President Trump rejoins the Paris agreement.
5. Gov. Rick Scott of Florida publicly uses the phrase “climate change.”
6. The cost of hurricane relief is funded by a carbon tax.
7. Donald Trump Jr. donates the $100,000 (plus expenses) fee he is to receive for his October Texas University speech to Harvey relief.
8. President Trump releases his tax returns.