Police: Two arrested as couple fights, woman stabs man at their business

TUPPER LAKE — Police say a woman stabbed her boyfriend as they fought at their business Saturday and falsely reported the incident to authorities.

On Sunday, police said Kimberly L. Watson, 34, of Long Lake, drove to the Tupper Lake Police Department to report that unknown assailants had attacked her and her significant other, Philip W. Mosher, 40, of Long Lake, inside their place of business, Doubleneck Gardens, located at 2594 state Route 3.

Watson and Mosher were then transported to the Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake, where Mosher was treated for multiple stab wounds to the back and chest, and Watson was treated for bruises to her face and legs, according to a press release from the New York State Police. Watson was later released. Mosher is still at the Adirondack Medical Center, according to State Police Public Information Officer Jennifer Fleishman.

The case was shared with the State Police in Tupper Lake. For most of Sunday, yellow tape caged in the Doubleneck Gardens and was guarded by a state police vehicle that occasionally flashed its blinking yellow lights. After an investigation, State Police said they came to the conclusion that Watson had lied in her initial report. On Sunday, state police arrested Mosher and Watson.

State police allege that Mosher and Watson fought, and that that altercation led to Watson stabbing her significant other in the chest and in the back.

Mosher was charged with assault in the third degree (a misdemeanor), and Watson was charged with assault in the second degree (a felony), criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree (a misdemeanor) and falsely reporting an incident in the third degree (a misdemeanor). Mosher was issued an appearance ticket for the town of Tupper Lake court on June 6, at 5 p.m., according to the state police press release. Watson was arraigned at the town of Tupper Lake court, where she was remanded to the Franklin County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond. An order of protection was issued for Watson to stay away from Mosher, according to Fleishman.