Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Customer Service | Tearsheets | Media Kit | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire chief: Wiring sparked SLU chapel blaze

October 8, 2013
By staff (adenews@adirondackdailyenterprise.com) , Adirondack Daily Enterprise

CANTON - A fire that damaged a St. Lawrence University landmark Sunday morning was electrical in origin, according to Canton Fire Chief Robert M. Crowe.

The official cause of the blaze in the Gunnison Memorial Chapel was determined to be "a problem with electrical wiring located in the roof area of the bell tower," Crowe announced Tuesday.

The chapel's steeple, scorched in the blaze, fell to the ground Monday morning.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web