LAKE PLACID - A fire in the laundry building at the Lake Placid Lodge caused minor damage over the weekend.
The Lake Placid Volunteer Fire Department initially responded to what was reported as a structure fire at the lodge's laundry building at 18 Marina Way. Five trucks and 26 members responded to the scene at about 9:27 a.m. Sunday.
Upon arrival, firefighters were told that a fire had started in the laundry building, but lodge staff were able to knock it down. Firefighters proceeded to use a small amount of water to extinguish the rest of the blaze. Then a smoke ejector was used to clear smoke from the building.
Firefighters said the fire was contained to the laundry press. The building sustained smoke damage. No injuries were reported.
The fire department said in a press release that built-up lint in the press machine caused the fire.
The Saranac Lake Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene with one truck. The Wilmington and Keene volunteer fire departments were also called, but they were turned back prior to arrival.
Lake Placid firefighters were back in service by 10:51 a.m.