Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Customer Service | Tearsheets | Media Kit | Home RSS
 
 
 

Chimney fire caused Keene cottage blaze

November 16, 2012
By CHRIS MORRIS - Staff Writer (cmorris@adirondackdailyenterprise.com) , Adirondack Daily Enterprise

A structure fire that destroyed a vacation rental cottage in Keene early Thursday morning was caused by a chimney fire that got out of control.

Firefighters from Keene, Keene Valley, Upper Jay and Lake Placid responded to the fire, which was reported at about 2:46 a.m. Essex County Emergency Services Director Don Jaquish said the building, located at 150 Gristmill Road, is a total loss.

"It was a fire caused by a chimney fire," he said.

Article Photos

Cascade Cottage, owned by David Griffin of Trails End Inn Inc. in Keene Valley, burned Thursday morning.
(Photo — Martha Allen)

Jaquish said the fire was accidental. He said a couple visiting the area from Brooklyn was staying at the cottage when a fire in the fireplace spread out of control. No one was injured.

The building, known as Cascade Cottage, is owned by David Griffin of Keene Valley, Jaquish said.

Article Map

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web